Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Visa, Visa, Mastercard

So this past weekend was an important step in preparation for my trip to France: I applied for my student visa!


The French consolate requires that applicants show up in person to apply for visas. Since the closest consulate is in Chicago, Mom and I took full advantage of the big city. Who needs a going away party, when you can party with your momma? Exactly.

She definitely spoiled me on our "mini-vacation." I thought bell-hops and room service were the things of movies before staying at the J.W. Marriott. I felt like Grace Kelly when the concierge took my hand as I was getting out of the car. Plus, there was a bath tub the size of a small pool. Needless to say, I took advantage of that immediately. 
We hit up some classic Chicago sites, like the sculpture garden in front of the art Institute, and Margie's Candies, an old-school ice cream parlor where the Beatles ate! We ate at a few "Gastro Pubs," took in some classic Chicago pizza, and even a little Starbucks. Most importantly, we found time to shop! I don't know how I survived so long without a Nordstrom Rack. I picked up a money belt, a traveler bag, and luggage locks, and I'm certain France will be the perfect location to rock my new Sperry's!

We didn't have time to creep on Obama's house though, but something to look forward to next time. What a great last hurrah with my momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment